Toni

Toni
photo by: Reg Bradford

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Top Question from last week: What does my diet look like?

PRE CONTEST:
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
(A Sample Day of Each Meal Eaten Throughout Your Training)

The following is a BASIC plan that i have done while prepping for a show.  So this would mirror a bit of my PRECONTEST prep for 15-12 weeks.  It does change through out the timeframe, so this is a sample/example.  I will adjust things Depending on my energy levels, weight, and daily exercise, and # of weeks out. 

MEAL #1
6-10 egg whites with salt
1 cup spinach
4oz Sweet potato

MEAL #2
50g About Time Protein Chocolate
1 slice Ezekial Bread


MEAL #3
6oz chicken with 1-cup asparagus or steamed broccoli
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup organic tomato sauce

MEAL #4
6oz protein (tilapia/chicken breast/turkey breast/ extra lean ground beef) with a raw spinach salad
olive oil and balsamic vinegar

MEAL #5
6oz chicken with 1-cup asparagus or steamed broccoli (or 10 egg whites w/ salt for protein source)

Meal #6
50g About Time Protein Chocolate





Every other day I take in extra fats in the forms of Natural Peanut butter (2-4 tbsps a day with protein shakes) and ¼ cup of raw unsalted almonds or cashew.  On those days I do not add extra salt to foods.  I vary this diet every 2-3 days: high fat/ high protein days with days of high fibrous carb vegetables/ high protein.  I eat one cheat meal for whatever I am craving once a week up until 4 weeks out from a competition. I vary my carb sources, and move to more fish for proteins closer to shows and take down my carb meals to strictly around BIG workout days.

No comments:

Post a Comment